If you are hosting a house party in your backyard or having a baby shower and having trouble choosing the desert, worry not because we have the solution to your problems. Mini cheesecakes are the perfect bite-size desserts, suitable for any type of gathering, no matter the occasion.
No need to stress about whether you will get them done in time because these cheesecakes are easy to make and will take only 30 minutes of your time at most.
Furthermore, baked cheesecakes can be a challenge because trying to get the perfect texture is not an easy job, but you won’t be having such problems with this recipe.
However, just in case you are an absolute beginner in preparing desserts, below we give you some of the most common reasons that make cheesecake cracks.
How to avoid cheesecake cracks
Cracks on the texture of your cheesecakes are not a pretty sight, so we give you some of the reasons for them and also effective practices on how to prevent them from happening:
– Over baked
Knowing when the cheesecakes are fully baked is crucial because over-baking is among the most common reasons why cracks appear.
Therefore, it is important to pay attention and try shaking them gently to see if they are cooked. If the center looks like it is not fully set yet and the cheesecakes wiggle a bit, it is safe to get them out of the oven.
– Over whisking the ingredients
Remember to put your mixer on low speed to not over-whisk the ingredients and prepare the needed mixture.
– High temperature
Baking the cheesecakes on a higher temperature is also a mistake most beginners make, therefore double-check the instructions on your recipe, also it is important to know your oven because not all are the same.
Is it safe to freeze the cheesecakes?
Many people like to plan ahead and be prepared because when you are hosting an event you are in a rush and can easily forget crucial things and end up preparing desserts last minute.
All which needs to be done is to wrap the cheesecakes and put them in the freezer. But be careful not to freeze them along with the fruit on top because the fruit can get soggy. So, we recommend adding the fruit before serving them.
How to make mini cheesecakes
Buying a mini cheesecake pan is not necessary as these delicious bites can also be prepared in a mini muffin tin. Just line the muffin tins with foil liners so you can easily get the cheesecakes out of the pan.
Another amazing thing about this recipe is the fact that these mini bites can be topped with literary any type of fruit you prefer. Some of the most adored toppings include cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and even caramel and chocolate sauce.
Mini cheesecake recipe
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 Vanilla Wafers
- 1/3 powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp melted butter
- ¼ almond extract
- A topping by your choice
- Start by lining the mini muffin pan and preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then,crush the cookies until you get about 1/3 of crumbs, add in the melted butter and make sure it is well mixed.
- In each cup place one spoon and press it down.
- Next,put the powdered sugar, cream cheese, almond extract, lemon juice and the egg in a medium bowl. Whisk until it gets light and fluffy look.
- Transfer this mixture into a Ziplock bag and by using the corner fill each cup of the pan.
- Finally, leave the cheesecakes to bake for approximately 15 minutes or at least for as long as it takes. Get them out and leave them to cool off. Top them with the topping of your choice.
– When it comes to crust you have a variety of options, Vanilla Wafers are listed in this recipe, but any other type of cookies will do the trick.
– As we have already mentioned, the same applies to the toppings, you can use whatever soothes your taste.
– It is also important to make sure the sour cream, eggs and cream cheese are room temperature before you start preparing the cheesecakes.